Registration of Software Source Code and screens before Brazilian Trademark and Patent Office (INPI-Brazil).
Documents required by INPI-Brazil (National Institute of Industrial Property).
- Code HASH of compressed file containing the Source Code;
- Provision of Services Agreement certified copy (if any, legalization is required);
- Authorization for Technologies amendments (if any).
- Applicant’s full name and address;
- Author’s full name, address, profession and marital status;
- Power of Attorney: in PDF format, electronically signed via Certification Authority (e.g.: FNMT-RCM in Spain);
- Simple questionnaire containing software general information for filing purposes (e.g.: Field of Activity);
Remark: A Deed of Assignment will be necessary IF the applicant is not the Software original author (e.g.: when the applicant is a Company).
Timeframe for Analysis
On average, it takes 10 days for Brazilian PTO to grant and issue the Software Registration Certificate, since the registration is only based on a formalities check.
Talk to us