Documents required by INPI-Brazil (National Institute of Industrial Property).
- Power of Attorney of the Applicant(s) (Notarization or legalization not required);
- Full Name and address of Applicant(s);
- Full Name, address, nationality and profession of inventor(s);
- Disclosures (specification, abstract, claims and drawings) translated into Portuguese;
- Official copy of priority document (if applicable) translated into Portuguese;
- International publication (WO) for PCT national phase (if applicable and if PCT is already published).
Timeframe for Analysis
On average, the analysis takes 11 years for patents and 7 years for utility models.
INPI-Brazil offers some priority exam procedures for applications, such as Counterfeit Object Request; PPH – Patent Prosecution Highway; Applicant aged 60 years or older; Applicant with physical or mental disability; Applicant with serious diseases; Invention commercialized in Brazil, and others.
Our team is at your disposal to analyze patent applications and verify if they fit into one of the modalities of priority procedures offered by INPI-Brazil.